Monica Ortega is an author, speaker, emcee, mindset coach, and travel host with over 20 years experience on-camera and at live events. In 2021, her book The Power of Pivoting – How to Embrace Change and Create a Life You Love became a #1 bestselling new release.
She has been featured in Medium.com, Thrive Global, USA Today’s 10Best, Voyage LA and more. She has produced over 100 episodes of her travel show Monica Goes, emcee’s at some of the nation’s largest music festivals, and has been seen in over 20 commercials.
Monica speaks on everything from pivoting and embracing change, to mental health, to goal setting and finding your purpose.
- Creating a flexible work environment in these new times
- How to have conversations with your boss/employees about what goals you have and how they can benefit the company
- Dealing with burnout – time chunking, asking for help, celebrating little wins, accomplishing your top 3.
- Connecting with co-workers and building a safe environment
- How to use vision boards to create a vision for your team and business
- Changing careers is failing forward and getting you closer to your dream
- Hybrid business and helping employees be successful working from home.
- Being self-aware as a boss (if someone is struggling find out how you can help)
- What part of your job do you love, what part do you not love
- Delegate within that
- Being open and observing your employees
- Happy employees = Better business
Pivot with Purpose – Stop “Shoulding” All Over Yourself
Change can be scary. But if you learn to do it right, you can find purpose in the pivoting. Too often people use these times of unexpected change to play the comparison game and go through all the “should’s” and “shouldn’ts” in their lives. These can be two of the worst words in the English language if we don’t learn to step back and evaluate our progress without our emotions attached to it.
In this workshop, you’ll learn from Monica Ortega, bestselling author of The Power of Pivoting – How to Embrace Change and Create a Life You Love and host of the travel show Monica Goes.
* How to reevaluate your goals and progress quarterly like a business. * 3 questions to figuring out your purpose
* How to know when it’s time to pivot
* 5 Steps to turning your vision into a reality
* How to know where to go from here once you’ve leaned into the pivot
Instead of looking back and going through your list of things you think you “should” have accomplished, let’s start failing forward and learning how to enjoy the ride!
Pivoting in Today’s World – Shifting Your Mindset From Setbacks to Setups
2020 was the year of the pivot. But the truth is we’re always pivoting, changing and evolving. The sooner we can learn how to pivot with purpose, the less scary change becomes and the more opportunity these moments can hold. How do we start to see these so-called “setbacks” as “setups” instead?
In this workshop, author, coach, and travel host Monica Ortega will provide tips and tricks to staying positive in an ever-changing world.
- How facing fears and breaking out of your comfort zone can help you stay present
- How the pandemic and current events of the world have caused everyone to pivot
- How to prepare and navigate through mental health struggles that can come with along with change
- How to create a mental health toolkit
- Tips and tricks for staying positive through life’s pivots. Even when the world may feel like it’s gone crazy, there can be a lot of opportunity in pivoting. It is possible to feel loss and fear at the same time as excitement and hope. This session will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to take on any change that may come your way.
To Invite Monica to emcee or present at your next event,
contact Denver Speakers Bureau at (303) 478-6652 or email us at Denver Speakers Bureau .